• HOME
  • PROMOTIONS
  • PRODUCTS
  • CONTACT
  • HOSTESS BENEFITS
  • CLEARANCE

    Thursday, July 12, 2012

    PP103 - Color Challenge - Friendly Phrases

    This week, The Paper Player has a color challenge from team designer Anne Marie who is the hostess for this week's challenge and perfect for summer theme card. In addition, it gives me another chance to work on another card and design.

    Once again, I went for my punches creating the card below. If you would like to join, click here to go directly to the challenge.

    Here is mine below:
    Punches are one of my favorites so I figured to create another flower and got to use one of the new Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons for the center of the flower.

    For this flower, I punched out (4) 1" squares using Daffodil Delight, than a 3/4" square punch in Calypso Coral. Since I wanted to add some white to it, I cut a 1/2" strip of whisper white and cut out (4) square with the strip.

    For each square, I used a corner rounder punch on 2 opposite ends except for the white. For that, I eyeballed with scissors for the rounding. Finally, added (1) Stampin Dimensional under each petal and placed them to create the flower. 

    Here, I added the scallop border using the Adorning Accents Edgelits using Lucky Limeade and Blossom Petals Builder punch with Build A Blossom stamp set for the leaves. For the steam, I cut a 1/2" strip and colored in the stitched lines with a marker.

    Designer paper was 2011-2013 in colors (Calypso Coral) and the new 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain in Daffodil Delight. Other ribbon used was the 3/8" Ruffled ribbon (Calypso Coral). Embossing folder: Finial Press (retired) 

    Pin It

    7 comments:

    1. oh my word - that flower is so cute & retro!
      hugs, m

      ReplyDelete
    2. Oh my gosh, Mikki! I love the flower! So much texture on this card...Wow! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Mikki the flower is awesome! i love how you created so much texture through all layers of your card. Such a great use of the challenge. So glad you were able to join the Paper Players this week
      jaydee

      ReplyDelete
    4. I love your pretty flower, Mikki! Pretty papers and embossing too!

      ReplyDelete
    5. This comment has been removed by the author.

      ReplyDelete
    6. What a fun flower, Mikki! Love the layout and the pop of embossing you added. Love the "petals" and can't wait to try this technique! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

      ReplyDelete
    7. Your flower is fabulous Mikki & looks wonderful against the pretty, layered background. A delightful card! Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players this week. :)

      ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon